With over more than 40 years of practice, Gold and Hammes has represented thousands of debtors in bankruptcy cases. Yet, each client receives the personal attention of a highly-experienced attorney which is necessary for proper case analysis and preparation. Gold and Hammes is committed to providing superb, reasonably-priced and efficient service for our clients. Both Norma Hammes and James Gold work together on all of our cases.
As the first law firm in Northern California to use computers to produce bankruptcy petitions and schedules (in 1985), Gold and Hammes remains in the high-tech forefront of the bankruptcy community.
James Gold and Norma Hammes are both certified as Bankruptcy Law Specialists by the California Board of Legal Specialization.
Appellate decisions of note include: General Motors Acceptance Corp. v. Mitchell, 954 F.2d 557 (9th Cir. 1992), cert. denied, 113 S.Ct. 303 (1992); In re Galvan, 110 B.R. 446 (9th Cir. BAP 1990).
James Gold or Norma Hammes, as counsel and/or co-counsel for the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys in many cases, including:
- In re Wilson, 90 F.3d 347 (9th Cir. 1996)
- In re Taffi, 96 F.3d 1190 (9th Cir. 1996)
- In re Hoskins, 102 F.3d 311 (7th Cir. 1996)
- Associates Commercial Corp v. Rash, 90 F.3d 1036 (5th Cir. 1996), on cert 520 U.S. 953 (1997)
- In re Gruntz, 202 F.3d 1074 (9th Cir. 1999)
- Contractors State License Board of California v. Dunbar, 245 F.3d 1058 (9th Cir. 2001)
- Carrillo v. Su, 290 F.3d 1140 (9th Cir. 2002)
- In re Lopez, 345 F.3d 701 (9th Cir. 2003)