Like you, the team at Gold & Hammes has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. In accordance with the shelter-in-place order issued by Santa Clara County and the State of California, we are complying with this shutdown for the health and safety of our community.
Starting March 17, 2020, our physical office has been closed. However, we continue our services by working remotely
What does that mean for you?
If you are not currently our client but are wondering if bankruptcy could help you, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Yes, we are taking new clients! If you are having financial problems, we will do our best to see if we can help you.
- We can meet several different ways: phone, text, email, and video meetings (though Zoom). Because we are not able to have in-person meetings, we will want to meet first using the phone, and following up with phone, text, email, and/or Zoom meetings. Until the Coronavirus problem is behind us, we won’t be able to have an in-person meeting, but so far, the phone and Zoom have worked very well.
- As always, if you have any questions about this process, please feel free to text or email your questions so we can connect with you.
For our current clients:
- The U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the San Jose Federal Building is closed, but the judges are continuing to hold telephonic hearings (which we participate in, as necessary), and we continue to be able to electronically file documents with the court, including filing new cases.
- The bankruptcy trustees who hold the Section 341 meetings with debtors and their attorneys (which happen about a month after the case is filed) are all holding their meetings by telephone conference call.
- The Chapter 13 Trustee (Devin Derham-Burk) is performing only the most vital functions, with reduced on-site staffing. Her staff has only a limited ability to answer their phone lines at this time. If you have a question for the Trustee’s office, please ask us your question by email, so we can find the answer for you.
- Most importantly, if you will be falling behind on your Chapter 13 plan payments, please do not panic!!! Unfortunately, many people are in the same situation as you are. We will assume that nearly everyone is having financial strains now. Let us know about changes in your situation by email or text so that we can see what the timing should be to help you deal with them.
- Please be assured that the judges are generally understanding, the trustees are also, and we will do our very best to protect you and your case. The local judges have published some new rules to help everyone thorough this time, such as allowing court documents to be filed without original “wet ink” signatures on them, while still assuring that they are legitimate.
Although our physical office is closed, we are functional on a remote basis, as follows
- We answer phone calls to 408-297-8750.
- You may text us at 408-297-8751. Texting is a very good way for us to have useful conversations together.
- You can email to us at office@GoldAndHammes.com
- Our fax number has changed to 408-300-5989.
- We still receive U.S.P.S. mail at our office address, but we ask you to please use email, text, or fax, instead of regular mail.
- We use Zoom for video meetings. We can share documents on the screen and notate them. This helps us explain options that are available for you.
- For more details on how to join a Zoom meeting, click here.
- We are able to prepare documents in your case, such as amended plans, plan modifications, amended schedules, and so on. Instead of meeting with you in our office, we work out the content with you by phone, text, and email.
- We are able to receive copies of paystubs, tax returns, bills, and other documents from you by email (preferred) or by text.
- One thing which has not changed: If you have any questions, call us, text us, or email us.
We sincerely thank all of you for your patience.
We wish for the very best for you and your family. We hope you will stay safe and stay healthy,
Gold & Hammes